Made with synthetic insulation and/or materials.
Increase the effectiveness of down insulation in damp conditions. This treatment reduces the water absorbency of down and adding water repellency to the outer shell of your garment or insulated gear.
- For down sleeping bags and garments, use a front-loading washing machine.
- Pre-wash with Down Wash or another mild soap before treatment.
- Treatment may reduce breathability of laminated or coated garments slightly. Use a spray repellency restorer if this is a concern.
How to use Down Wash?
For best results remove all non-washable parts and clean item(s) first with Nikwax Down Wash™ in a separate wash cycle. No need to dry item(s) before waterproofing. Shake well before use. Follow care label instructions (large items can be treated by hand).
- Remove all detergent build up from the detergent dispenser.
- Place clean item in washing machine (maximum 1 item).
- Use 150ml for 1 item.
- Run 30°C synthetic cycle and slow spin.
- After the cycle has finished run multiple spin cycles, each time incrementally increasing the spin speed, to remove excess water.
To maintain waterproofing always wash with Nikwax Down Wash™. Do not use detergents.